Sunday, September 16, 2007

Movie Snob

The Number 23 - Jim Carrey's turn at drama/horror. Started off strong. I imagine the meeting in some anonymous production office went like this:

"Hey, guys, you know, I've got this story. It starts off, you know, interesting and loads of drama/suspense you know. I don't know how to end it though," said the writer/producer/intern. After listening to the pitch somebody else in the meeting said "I know how to end it, we'll take the path of least resistance!" And then some guy with a business degree, a Land Rover and a Palm Treo said, "Yeah, research says that audiences like that. This was a good meeting. We'll do gangbusters in the overseas market. It's lunch time, I think I'll have sushi."

Not to mention the third act revealed plot holes up the wazoo. I think they hoped that the audience would have forgotten everything that went on at the beginning of the movie by the time that they got to the end of it.

Long story short: Started off as a good, clever movie, but in the end it wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter